Rebates and Incentives
It has never been easier to switch to natural gas.
Whether you have a boiler or a hot air furnace, there are rebates and incentives - and even financing and equipment rental options - that can help you make the switch.
- Boiler and Furnace Rebates: When installing a qualifying high-efficiency natural gas heating unit, you may be eligible to receive up to $1,600 in rebates through Berkshire Gas' sponsorship of Mass Save®.
- Manufacturer Rebates: Manufacturers may offer special rebates on select equipment models during different times of the year. Refer to the rebates below or ask a natural gas sales representative about available manufacturer rebates promotions.
- Water Heater Rebates: Install a qualifying high-efficiency natural gas water heater and you may be eligible to receive up to $700 in rebates through Berkshire Gas' sponsorship of Mass Save.
Financing and Equipment Rental
- Financing: 0% financing for qualifying high-efficiency natural gas heating and water heating units is offered through the Mass Save HEAT Loan program.
- Natural Gas Water Heater Rental: Water Heater equipment rental options starting as low as low as $18.59 per month (plus tax) are available through Berkshire Gas.
Contact Us: Arrange a free consultation with one of our residential sales representatives.
: In most cases it makes sense to choose the same type of boiler or furnace system you currently use to heat your home. That way you will only need to switch the heating unit, and NOT the existing baseboard or ductwork.
Not sure which heating equipment you have?
Hot water or steam generated from a boiler is circulated throughout the house through pipes to radiators, baseboard radiators, or radiant floor systems.
Furnace - Heats air and uses a blower motor to distribute the heated air throughout the house through ducts, to vents or registers in the walls, floors or ceilings of each room. Furnaces are also called forced hot air systems.
If you have questions about these rebates please contact a Berkshire Gas Sales Representative.
MORATORIUM NOTE: Due to pipeline deliverability constraints, there is currently a moratorium on any new natural gas services in the communities of Amherst, Deerfield, Greenfield, Hadley, Hatfield, Montague, Sunderland and Whately. Current natural gas customers will not be affected other than they will not be able to install additional natural gas appliances or equipment.