Your safety and the safety of our communities is our priority. As the situation surrounding the coronavirus continues to evolve, we are taking extra measures to ensure the ongoing safety of our customers and employees while delivering safe, reliable service to you.
You Could be Eligible for Broadband Assistance: The Federal Communications Commission is currently offering the Emergency Broadband Benefit, which provides a discount of up to $50/month toward broadband services for eligible households and up to $75/ month for eligible households on qualifying tribal lands.
For qualification guidelines and more information, please visit: www.fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit
July 20, 2021: Connecticut’s Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA) issued a ruling that will extend the enrollment period for the COVID-19 Payment Program for all customers through the end of the Public Health and Civil Preparedness Emergencies.
Help With Bills
- We have suspended late payment charges.
- We have suspended all residential disconnections for non-payment.
- We have suspended requests for security deposits.
- Please call us if you would like to discuss your account and manage your payments.
- The COVID-19 Payment Program is available to you and offers payment plans up to 24 months, with no down payments, fees or interest. Call to learn more.
- Renters earning 80% or less of the HUD Area Median Income, may be eligible to receive assistance for up $1,500 of past due electric expenses through UniteCT.
- You may qualify for assistance. Please visit our Help With Bill page or call to learn more.
- Operation Fuel. You can bring emergency assistance to low-income working people, the elderly or the ill who have difficulty paying their energy bills. This non-profit program is funded by state-wide contributions from customers like you.
Online Account Management Tools
We strongly encourage you to use our digital tools:
Maintaining Safe and Reliable Service for You
For your safety, please note the following service adjustments:
- Service connections: We have implemented additional safety practices for our crews and will continue to turn on or off your service if you need to move.
- Service visits: We have suspended all non-essential work that would require entry into customer homes.
- Pay in Person: We encourage you to pay online. If you must pay in person, please confirm whether locations are open before traveling.
- Energy Efficiency Programs: Energy Efficiency program activities are in the process of being resumed after temporary suspensions due to COVID-19. Visit our Smart Energy page and click on specific programs for more information.
- Scam Alert: We have recently received reports of scammers attempting to take advantage of the current public health crisis. We urge customers to be on the alert.
- Learn more about how to protect yourself from scams.
- Report coronavirus fraud and get more info at justice.gov/coronavirus.