Responding to Utility Emergencies
We are pleased to provide you with a valuable new training resource
Berkshire Gas Emergency Contact Number: 800.292.5012
Created for Fire, EMS, Police/Security, Public Works, Contractors, and Community Officials, Responding to Utility Emergencies (RTUE) offers FREE training to help you understand the hazards and maintain personal safety when working near electric and gas utilities and dealing with electric and gas emergencies.
Our training resource has two areas of focus:
- Fire and Rescue and Law Enforcement
- Public Works, Contractors, and Community Officials
These areas of focus will:
- Increase knowledge of how to respond to a utility emergency for fire and rescue personnel.
- Teach law enforcement participants how to assess the risks associated with a utility emergency.
- Help public works, contractors, and community officials gain and understand how knowledge and preparation can impact the outcome of a utility emergency.
Each training identifies the responsibilities, hazards, precautions, safety zones, and the role of each agency, and how to integrate and coordinate each agency’s response effectively and safely.
This is a web-based training program and is self-paced to meet individual needs. In addition, the training includes other valuable resources including training for resource officers, response scenarios and information about other websites with additional information regarding utility emergencies.
Sign Up Today!
For questions or assistance with the system, please email Public_Education@avangrid.com and in the subject line add “RTUE”. Remember to add your contact information in the e-mail.
Download a PDF of this information for printing and distributing offline as needed.