Berkshire Gas offers innovative solutions through Mass Save to make our natural gas heating customers' homes more energy efficient.
Virtual Home Energy Assessments
Whether you’re a homeowner, renter or landlord, Berkshire Gas offer’s no-cost virtual Home Energy Assessments to help you learn about your top energy-saving opportunities in an easy, convenient way. An Energy Specialist will assess your current energy use, help you develop a plan to make your home more energy efficient, and educate you on rebates and incentives you may qualify for—all remotely. Call 800.944.3212 to schedule your appointment.
An on-site Home Energy Assessment may be accommodated for customers who are unable to participate in a virtual Home Energy Assessment.
Home Energy Assessment (1-4 Family Homes)
A Home Energy Assessment from Berkshire Gas can help you save on your monthly energy costs by making your 1-to-4 unit home more energy efficient, and it only takes about two hours. Here’s what you can expect from your assessment:
- An Energy Specialist will assess your home’s current energy use and install energy-saving products at no cost.
- You will receive a custom list of energy-saving recommendations.
- The Specialist will help you develop a plan to make your home more energy efficient, including qualifying rebates and incentives.
- During the assessment, all key decision-makers should be present.
Your No-Cost Home Energy Assessment Will Include:
- Installation of no-cost energy-saving products as needed, such as:
- Eligibility screening for Mass Save rebates and incentives
- Combustion safety testing of your natural gas appliances to screen for carbon monoxide, drafts, and spillage
Additional Offers Based on Your Assessment
Your custom home energy report will include all applicable rebates and incentives, such as:
- No-cost targeted air sealing of leaks in drafty areas of your home
- An instant incentive for 75 percent off approved insulation improvements or based on your income, you may be eligible for an enhanced instant incentive for 90 percent or 100 percent off
- Generous rebates of up to $3,250 on qualifying energy efficient heating, cooling, and water heating equipment
- The opportunity to apply for 0 percent HEAT Loan financing for eligible upgrades
Call 800.944.3212 to schedule your appointment.
Income Eligible Programs (1-4 family homes)
Berkshire Gas has partnered with the Massachusetts Community Action Program Agencies and Low-Income Energy Affordability Network (LEAN) to help eligible Berkshire Gas customers lower their monthly energy bills and upgrade their homes to be more comfortable, at no cost.
If you live in a single family home or 2-4 unit apartment building, and you meet the annual household income requirements in the chart below, you may qualify for no-cost upgrades including:
- Replacement of your heating system
- Installation of additional attic, wall, and basement insulation
- Air sealing of the drafty areas of your home
- Replacement appliances including refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, window air conditioners, and/or clothes washers if your current appliances are inefficient
- A programmable or WIFI thermostat
- LED energy saving light bulbs
- Water-saving faucet aerators and showerheads
- Advanced power strips
Call 866.537.7267 for details.
Income Eligible Guidelines and more program information can be found on the Mass Save Income Eligible Programs page.
Instant incentive* of 75% toward the following eligible insulation upgrades or based on your income, you may be eligible for an enhanced instant incentive for 90% or 100% off:
- Attic and Kneewall Insulation
- Wall Insulation
- Basement Wall or Ceiling Insulation
- Pipe Insulation
- Crawlspace Insulation
* Insulation upgrades must be identified and recommended during your Home Energy Assessment. Berkshire Gas' contribution is automatically deducted from the total installation cost of your contract.
Multifamily Properties (5+ Unit Buildings)
Are you the owner or resident of a five-or-more unit building? We have opportunities for you too – either for a single unit, or a large project that will benefit the entire complex. Call 800.944.3212 today for details!
If 50% or more of the units in your building are at the designated income eligible levels, please go to the LEAN Multifamily Program website or call 617.348.6425.
Income guidelines can be found on the Mass Save Income Eligible Programs page.
Building a New Home or Planning Major Renovations?
Through the Massachusetts Residential New Construction Program, Berkshire Gas offers incentives toward the construction of energy efficient homes that exceed the state’s energy code. To learn more, call 800.944.3212.
Discount Pricing and No-Cost Installation of Wireless Thermostats
Residential heating customers can take advantage of discounted prices of $100 on wireless thermostats. We’ll even install them at no cost to you. These easy-to-use, energy-saving thermostats adapt to your schedule and let you control your home’s temperature from anywhere. Call 800.944.3212 today to schedule your appointment. Visit the Mass Save Smart and Programmable Thermostat page to learn more
Online Home Audit Tool
Create your home energy profile in less than five minutes and get personalized energy saving recommendations, an estimate of potential savings, and cost-effective upgrade advice. Your customized results will also provide you with available incentives that will help you save energy and money. Visit MassSave.com to get started.
High-Efficiency Heating and Water Heating Equipment Rebates
These rebates are designed to promote the installation of high-efficiency natural gas heating and water heating equipment. For a current list of eligible equipment and corresponding rebates visit our High-Efficiency Natural Gas Heating page and our High-Efficiency Natural Gas Water Heating page.