We want to make the process of starting, stopping, or transferring service in our territory simple and convenient for our customers.
We deliver natural gas and related services in 20 Western Massachusetts cities and towns.
- Berkshire County: Adams, Cheshire, Clarksburg, Dalton, Great Barrington, Lanesborough, Lee, Lenox, North Adams, Pittsfield, Stockbridge, and Williamstown.
- Franklin County: Deerfield, Greenfield, Montague, Sunderland and Whately. NOTE: Due to pipeline deliverability constraints, there is currently a moratorium on any new natural gas services in these communities.
- Hampshire County: Amherst, Hadley, and Hatfield. NOTE: Due to pipeline deliverability constraints, there is currently a moratorium on any new natural gas services in these communities.
If you have questions, please call Customer Care at 800.292.5012 and someone will assist you Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.
To Start Service
Please have the following on hand when requesting service at a new location:
- Address where gas service will be established (i.e., service address)
- Billing address if different from the service address
- Service start date (i.e., Move-in date--example format: 03/03/16)
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Second form of identification (e.g., driver's license number)
- Phone number
- The name and SSN for any other persons (e.g., spouse, child) who will be authorized to access your account
We are committed to help prevent identity theft. When you start service with us, we require at least two forms of identification (Social Security Number, driver’s license, military ID, or passport) so that we may verify your identity. If you do not wish to provide your Social Security Number via our on-line form, we will send you a letter requesting two (2) forms of valid ID. If we do not receive two forms of valid identification or are unable to validate your identification within 15 days, your service will be disconnected.
Terms and conditions apply to all gas Rates. A copy of Berkshire Gas' Rules and Regulations are on file with the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities.
To Stop Service
Please have the following on hand when requesting that service is stopped at your current location:
- Date you wish the service to end
- Address (email or mail) where we can send your final bill
To Transfer Service
Please have the following on hand when requesting to transfer your service from one location to another within our service territory:
- Address of the new service location (i.e., service address)
- Billing address if different from the new service address
- Date the old service will stop (i.e., move-out date)
- Date the new service will start (i.e., move-in date)
- Phone number for new service location
Interested in Adding Natural Gas Service to Your Home of Business?
First, check for natural gas availability in your County or town.