In the Environment
We conduct our business and facility operations in a manner that minimizes adverse environmental impacts on present and future generations.
The following principles and actions provide a framework for Berkshire Gas' environmental stewardship and sustainable business practices:
- Design an Environmental Management System that enables us to systematically plan, implement and continuously improve the processes and actions we take to meet our business and environmental goals;
- Comply with all applicable requirements of environmental laws, regulations, permit requirements and company policies applicable to our operations;
- Incorporate environmental impact considerations into decision-making processes concerning existing and future operations;
- Support the conservation of energy and natural resources through strategic planning, efficient operating practices, technology and consumer education;
- Minimize waste through recycling and other means, and properly manage any waste that is created;
- Support and implement actions designed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and counteract global climate change;
- Foster a culture where employees have the encouragement, training, knowledge and resources necessary to perform their job in a manner consistent with this policy;
- Participate in the development of standards and guidelines in support of environmental stewardship;
- Communicate and demonstrate our commitment to sound environmental policies and practices; and
- Support others who share our commitment to environmental stewardship and sustainable development.
Implementation of this policy is the responsibility of all employees.