COVID-19 and Our Response
We are prepared and will continue to provide safe and reliable service
Your safety and the safety of our communities is our priority. As the situation surrounding the coronavirus continues to evolve, we are taking extra measures to ensure the ongoing safety of our customers and employees. And, we are implementing our plans to provide safe, reliable service to you.
Berkshire Gas's parent company, AVANGRID, Inc., and the Avangrid Foundation have announced a $2 million commitment to support national and local organizations that support vulnerable communities as they deal with the coronavirus pandemic..
If you are experiencing a natural gas emergency, or if you smell a natural gas odor, get up, get out and get away! Then immediately call us at 800.292.5012 or 911 from a safe location.
Maintaining Safe and Reliable Service for You
- Our Comprehensive Emergency Response Plan has been activated - We are committed to maintaining your service.
- Service connections – We have implemented additional safety practices for our crews and will continue to turn on or off your service if you need to move.
Online Account Management Tools
We strongly encourage you to use our digital tools:
- Download the mobile app at the App Store and Google Play to view your bill and make a payment.
- Call Customer Care at 800.292.5012 anytime 24/7 to pay your bill, check your account balance and more.
- Use our website to pay your bill, start new service and more.
- Make a one-time EZ-Pay payment online at your convenience. You may also enroll in eBill to continue receiving and paying your bill online.
Help With Bills
- We have suspended late payment charges.
- We have suspended all disconnections for non-payment.
- Please call us if you would like to discuss your account and manage your payments.
- You may qualify for assistance. Please visit our Help With Bill page or call to learn more.
Pandemic-related Service Adjustments
- Service visits: We have suspended all non-essential work that would require entry into customer homes.
- Pay in Person: We encourage you to pay online. If you must pay in person, please confirm whether locations are open before traveling.
- Scam Alert: We have recently received reports of scammers attempting to exploit the current public health crisis. We urge customers to be on the alert.
Report coronavirus fraud and get more info at www.justice.gov/coronavirus.